WHY YOU SHOULD NOT UNSCREW YOUR KNIFE:
- The screws are secured with thread locking compound. You may strip them, and stripped screws are no bueno.
- The knife contains a spring that is under tension, making it difficult to reassemble. The curse words will flow!
- I do not warranty stripped screws or reassembly. I will have replacement screws for sale, and if you you need me to reassemble the knife, you will cover the shipping in both directions plus a small fee for my time. Contact me via email to make arrangements prior to shipping anything my way.
- You do not need to unscrew it to clean it. First, wash the whole knife under soapy warm water. Dry it off with a clean towel. Then blow out the joint, edges around the scales, and inside the blade well with compressed air. Dry it with the towel again. Hit it one more time with the compressed air for good measure, then dry. Lastly, oil the joint with a drop or two of your favorite lubricant. BAM! Maintained without disassembly, just like a slip joint knife that's pinned together.
- All that being said, you are a big boy (or girl) and I won't tell you what to do. I understand why you might want to disassemble it. If you are comfortable taking apart your knife, hey the world is your oyster. Just consider the above information and be careful!